Monday, March 10, 2008

Back from ACSM

I'm back from the ACSM conference in Spokane, WA. Attended workshops on Wednesday and Thursday and thought they were worthwhile. The conference seemed a bit smaller than times past - probably because so many states have their state conference in March and Spokane is a bit out of the way on a national conference scale. One of the presenters in a workshop asked for a show of hands and about 75% were from the Washington area. It was a worthwhile time, however, and I got 2 years of Texas CEU's taken care of.

I attended a session on the Washington State Reference Network. Pretty impressive effort. I haven't had a chance to look at the web site, but this is the wave of the future - really, the wave of the present. New Mexico is about 7 to 10 years behind this, but at some point we will get caught up. There seems to be some valuable downloads at this site concerning RTNs - some light weekend reading I'm sure...

No comments: