Monday, April 7, 2008

Daylight Savings x 2


I thought about it several weeks ago when daylight savings time sprung forward and then it happened Sunday morning. We have a clock radio that automatically adjusts for DLST each spring and fall - problem is that it was purchased before the federal government fiddled with things a couple of years ago. Since the spring forward/fall back day has now been legislated to something different, we have to manually change the clock on the actual date. The problem is that the clock adjusted forward another hour on Sunday (the old date) without us knowing and we got up an extra hour earlier. By we, I mean my wife did - at 6:30am but it was really 5:30am - I was too out of it to get up (now we know why). When I finally rolled out of bed at 7:12am, I looked out the window and noticed it was still dark. That's when it dawned on me what was going on. Needless to say, we were quite bummed about loosing our hour of sleep. Not only did we hit the early service, we hit it really hard. I tried to point out to my wife that not only did we loose an hour on Sunday, but we also gained an hour on Sunday as well when I reset the clock, but that didn't seem to help much. I think I'm going to have to use our clock radio as sledge hammer practice and get a new one - there's no way I'm going to be able to remember Daylight savings time every 6 months on the actual date and the old date as well.

No comments: